WHAT IS CHECK DEPOSIT WITH A MOBILE PHONE? Depositing checks with a cell phone makes adding money to your bank account quick and easy, without having to visit a branch. If your employer issues paper paychecks, if you receive checks for rebates or reimbursements, or if someone pays you money they owe you by personal check, you can simply take a picture of the check to file it using your mobile device. Not sure how mobile check deposit works, if it’s safe or if you should use it? Here is an overview of this useful mobile banking feature.
What is check deposit by phone?
Mobile Check Deposit is a mobile banking tool that allows you to deposit checks into your bank account using your mobile device. Instead of depositing checks at an ATM, at your bank’s counter, or with a cashier in the lobby, you can add them to your account wherever you are, whether at home, at work, or on vacation. To learn more about this, go to adprip.fr!
The types of checks you can add to your account using Mobile Check Deposit include personal checks, business checks, cashier’s checks, and government issued checks. Your bank or credit union may or may not allow you to use mobile check deposit for foreign checks, third-party checks, money orders, or travelers checks, so confirm your financial institution’s policies first.
How does mobile check deposit work?
Mobile check deposit uses remote deposit capture technology. When you take a picture of your check, it’s like scanning a photograph or document to make a digital copy on your computer. Here’s a simple guide to what mobile check deposit generally looks like in action:
- You download your bank’s mobile banking application, if you haven’t already, and you create your unique identifier.
- You then log into the app and find mobile check deposit in the menu.
- Then you sign the back of the check as you would if you were depositing it at an agency.
- Choose the account you want to deposit the check to.
- Enter the check amount.
- Take a photo of the front and back of the check using your mobile device’s camera.
- Review the deposit details, then click Submit, if correct, to process your deposit.
More and more banks are offering mobile check deposit as a convenient way for customers to add money to their accounts.