What is the difference between working days and business days? How many days will French employees have to work in 2022? Here is a question by many entrepreneurs, HR managers, payroll managers, or even consultants at the start of the year. Through this news, Capeos explains how to calculate the number of days worked for 2022 in your company. You will also find a focus on the public holidays of 2022 and the difference between working days and business days. Good reading.
How to calculate the number of days worked for 2022?
To calculate the number of days worked in 2022, you must rely on two main elements:
- The number of working days of the company or working ;
What is the difference between working days and business days?
- Working days: These correspond to the days normally worked in a company. In general, this represents 5 days a week from Monday to Friday, but for certain businesses open from Tuesday to Saturday, the working days will correspond to the days between Tuesday and Saturday. For a company open from Monday to Saturday, there will therefore be 6 working days per week.
- Working days: By “working day” it meant all days of the week, excluding the weekly rest day (generally Sunday) and legal holidays usually not worked in the company. A week without a public holiday, therefore, has 6 working days.
What is the difference between days worked and the number of days worked?
The number of days worked by an employee is generally the number of working days minus the number of days of leave taken during the period (253 working days for a company working from Monday to Friday minus the 25 days of paid leave).
How many public holidays does 2022 have?
Of the 11 public holidays in 2022, 7 fall between Monday and Friday inclusive, giving non-working days:
- Easter Monday, (Monday, April 18, 2022);
- Ascension Thursday (Thursday, May 26, 2022);
- Whit Monday (Monday, June 6, 2022);
- National Day (Thursday, July 14, 2022);
- The Assumption (Monday, August 15, 2022);
- All Saints Day (Tuesday, November 1, 2022);
- And the 1918 armistice (Friday, November 11, 2022).
- Good Friday, (Friday, April 15, 2022);
- Saint-Etienne Day (Monday, December 26, 2022).
What is the number of working days in 2022?
In 2022, for a company working from Monday to Friday, there are 253 working days and 112 non-working days between Saturday, January 1, 2022, inclusive, and Saturday, December 31, 2022, inclusive. For comparison, in 2021 there were 365 days, 254 working days, 11 public holidays, and 104 weekend days.
To calculate the number of working days in 2022 in France:
365 days – 105 weekend days – 7 public holidays (excluding solidarity day) = 253 working days for the year 2022.
What is the number of working days in 2022?
Working days are from Monday to Saturday inclusive.
There are 305 working days and 60 non-working days between Saturday, January 1, 2022, inclusive, and Saturday, December 31, 2022, inclusive.
To obtain the number of working days for a company, simply deduct Sundays and public holidays:
365 days in the year – 52 Sundays – 7 public holidays from Monday to Saturday (excluding solidarity day) = 305 working days in 2022
How many days worked for 2022?
For the year 2022, we count 253 working days and 305 working days. If we deduct the 25 working days of paid vacation, we get 228 days of normal work, for an employee working 5 days a week.
How to calculate working days in specific cases?
Cape offers you zoom on some particular cases. If you work 4 days a week and depending on the day not worked, your calculation will be different. By including public holidays, the number of working days will be different.
Each company has its own organization and its own number of working days. Capers deciphers some main lines, without going into details, of 2 specific cases.
How to calculate the days worked in 2022 if I work 4 days a week?
To calculate the number of days worked for 4 days per week, simply remove the number of Saturdays, Sundays, non-working days, and the number of public holidays.
Let’s take the example of a week worked on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday:
365 days – 105 weekend days – 52 Wednesdays – 7 public holidays (excluding solidarity day) = 201 days worked for the year 2022.
What are business and working days used for?
Working and working days are used in several areas of everyday life, here are some applications:
- To count your remaining vacation days in a year;
- To calculate your actual expenses on your tax return;
- For withdrawal periods (14 working days for distance purchases);
- For delivery times.